Monday, October 19, 2009

Last night I witnessed a miracle!

 God Moving
So last night about 25 of us got together and watched the Finger of God film (watch the trailer! http://www.fingerofgodfilm.com/).  I had heard many amazing things about it, but wanted to see it for myself.  At first I thought it was a little weird, because it was talking about how God is showing Himself miraculously through various things, such as giving people gold teeth all of a sudden, God making people shimmer with gold on their skin after they're done praying, etc. Sounds a little weird, huh?  That's what I thought.  Then the movie begins to show how God is working around the world and bringing all glory to Him through healing's, raising of the dead, the casting out of demons etc.  In the U.S., the Holy Spirit is not talked about as much as it should be.  We often have a hard time comprehending that we have the SAME Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead!  We all have the same Holy Spirit that God gave to Jesus when He was here ministering on this earth!  Do we really realize this?!  God tells us that we are to walk in the same manner as Jesus walked, so why do we pick and choose which parts of this "walk" we're actually going to follow? 

Matthew 4: 23 - 24
 23Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.
 24The news about Him spread throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all who were ill, those suffering with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, paralytics; and He healed them.

The Miracle
So after we watched the movie, we were discussing the film and were talking about the strange glitter and gold teeth experiences and what that could mean.  We believe that God is doing these miracles to show that we can't put Him in a box.  He can do whatever He pleases, and wants to remind us that He is all powerful and able to do ANYTHING.  As we were discussing this, we looked over and Kenny, Susette's little son, began shimmering with gold on his arm!  
We all began praying for more belief and less doubt that we really do have the same Holy Spirit that is ready to heal and save!  During our prayer session, I began praying that God would make me and others shimmer with gold after our prayer session was done.  I knew God could do it, and knew He wanted to do it.  In the middle of our prayers, I looked at my hands, hoping I would see something, but I didn't.  So i began praying again for it to happen.  I looked again, and nothing.  So I prayed for the third time for it (we're supposed to be persistent in our prayers even if they aren't answered right away!), and when we were all done with our prayers, I looked up, and I was sparkling with gold on the tops of my hands!!  I showed my friend Nichole the tops of my hands and she was ecstatic, and then she noticed that my face also had a streak of gold on it!  I showed a few others the tops of my hands, and they too looked at their hands and noticed a few of them were shimmering as well!!  Praise God!!
Now I really want you to know that I too am as skeptical as many of you who hear of these kinds of things, but I would hope that all of you who are reading this would know me well enough to know that I would never make something like this up.  This is the truth, and God is working mightily, because He so badly wants to display His glory to the world.  Last night I had begged Him to increase my faith in Him, and asked Him to make my hands sparkle, so I would then have greater faith to go out and heal the sick and raise the dead.  He was faithful.
Let us study the life of Christ, and exemplify EVERYTHING that He did, not just the parts that are easy to grasp.  I challenge you to do this.  To God be all the glory forever and ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment