I can hardly believe it's been four months already that i've lived here. It doesn't seem possible. Time has flown by so quickly. As i look back on my time here so far, i can't help but be so thankful for all that God has done and has been doing in the lives of everyone here, including me. He is just so good! Through every trial, affliction and hardship that we go through, God always sees us through everything and refines us and makes us even more useful for His Kingdom!
Some things that I absolutely love about living here are...
- i love that i don't have to say goodbye
- i love that i get to say goodnight to the children each night and pray with them
- i love that i can make plans with the kids for months to come and know that i'll still be here
- i love that we can decorate christmas trees and bake christmas cookies together
- i love that i was able to make a gingerbread house!
- i love that we can even buy christmas trees here!
- i love that both me and the children can reach out to the poor and destitute together through our feeding program and village outreaches
- i love that i get to know more about the children each day
- i love that they come to me when they're scared and feeling sick
- i love that we can be goofy together and dress up in some of our...more interesting clothes ;)
- i love that i am able to have times of mourning and times of rejoicing with them
- i love that i was able to rejoice with Alex, James and Jocelyn when we found out that God blessed all three of them with visas!
- i love that i was able to see them off at the airport as they flew off to New York City
- i love looking at pictures from past years and realizing that those same children are the ones that are in children in the feeding program
- i love my wonderful friends here that i cherish so much and couldn't imagine life without them!
- i love that this is the new normal for me
- and i love that i can still see beauty like this
Thank you to all of you who have made this all possible for me. I honestly couldn't do all of this without all of your unending prayers, your incredible encouragement, your wonderful e-mails full of wisdom and godly advice and updates on your lives so i can feel like i'm still a part of your lives, and without you supporting me every step of the way as I seek to honor Him. I praise God for all of you!!