Friday, May 22, 2009

Stop Trying to Prove Anything

Yesterday a friend of mine came to me and said, "you know what Dana, this friend of ours needs to stop trying to prove himself to anyone. He has already gotten the job that he desired, and now he just needs to rest in who he is, and begin to take more time to really sit down and develop his friendships here. That is what is needed now in order for him to truly succeed in his role." This conversation made me re-evaluate my own outlook on life, and maybe it'll make you think twice about yours as well. My dream has always been to go show Christ's love to the orphans, and now my dream is becoming a reality. i can now rest in the fact that i am doing what God has intended me to do, quit trying to prove anything to anyone, and from there God will show me how to love others.

1 comment: